Monday, April 13, 2015

Lesson 10 Challenge

San Antonio City Website - Local -www.sanantonio.gov

I have had several patrons come in and ask for different agencies from our City webpage. I have had to show them how to look for city jobs so I show how to get into the city's website and then to City job vacancies. There have been times patrons wanted to know when the city was going to collect brush or bulky items. There again took them to the cities website and looked under the department of Solid Waste Management. I tend to use the city's website a lot.

Texas State website - Texas.gov

We tend to get a lot of patrons using this site in order to renew their license or to get a driving record. I already have this site bookmarked for easy access. I personally don't get to many people asking for information from a Texas website. Being that I am a children's librarian I don't get to many reference questions in that area.

Federal website - IRS.gov

Starting mid January to April 15th this site is used quite a bit. Since IRS didn't send out booklets this year we have been referring patrons to go into this site to get their information. Also we didn't get all the forms needed so there again we had to refer to patron to get into IRS to download and print the necessary forms.


These are the most common sites that I tend to use a lot. I also have used the Election Precinct Locator when we have had voting.

No comments:

Post a Comment